Sticky Ribs on the Smoker
Preheat Smoker to 225° - 250°
||Here's the Ribs!
• Rack of Ribs (Beef or Pork)
•Bottle of Honey
•Bottle of BBQ Sauce
•Bottle of Yellow Mustard
•Seasoning or Rub
•Synthetic Marinade Brush
- Rinse ribs with cold water.
- Remove membrane from back of ribs. This is a thin, film like covering over the meatiest part of the back of the ribs.
- Use your fork to tenderize the meat. Poke the full length of ribs and inbetween bones on both sides
- Slather with yellow mustard, front & back
- Sprinkle with seasoning or rub and PAT into mustard
- Place on smoker and cook using indirect heat. *You'll need a plate setter for the Big Green Egg
- Cook for 3 to 3-1/2 hours
- Check with meat thermometer for internal temperature of 150° for pork or 160° for beef
- Finish the ribs
Method 1: Remove ribs from smoker. Coat both sides with layer of honey and bbq sauce. Return to smoker and cook for additional 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from smoker and serve. Ribs will have a nice glaze on them.
Method 2: Remove ribs from smoker. Coat both sides with layer of honey and bbq sauce. Serve with lots of napkins!
Warm Cinnamon Apples
Warm your smoker to a medium temperature.
2lbs. McIntosh, Rome, Gala or Granny Smith Apples
1/2c. firmly packed Light Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1 tbsp. Butter
Deep pan for use on grill
- Peel & Slice Apples
- In large bowl, toss apple slices with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Put in single layer in baking pan or stone
- Add water and butter
- Be sure to place a raised rack or use a plate setter to cook apples with indirect heat, direct flames on the apples will burn them.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until desired tenderness
Carefully remove from grill, pan will be hot!
Heat your smoker or grill to 225° - 250°.
|8-10 Pepppers (Jalapeno or Serrano)
||Bowl & spoon
|1 block Cream Cheese, softened
|1 cup Crumbled Bacon
- Clean and wash peppers
- Cut pepper lengthwise and clean out seeds and inside
- In bowl, mix together softened cream cheese and bacon crumbles
- Spread cream cheese mixture in peppers
- Place on baking stone and put on warmed up grill or smoker
- Cook for 20-30 minutes or until peppers are bright green
- Remove baking stone from grill
- Serve Zagers Poppers on separate plate & enjoy!