HOT TUBS & SPAS
Relax, Rejuvenate and Reconnect with a Hot Tub from Zagers
Whether you’re exploring hot tubs for the first time, looking to replace your existing spa, need maintenance, or are stocking up on hot tub chemicals, Zagers is your trusted, local West Michigan resource for all things hot tub.
Why Turn to Zagers for Hot Tubs
Our dedication to serving and supporting West Michigan residents goes back to when Zagers began in 1959. In 1991, hot tubs were added to our product line, expanding our commitment to service alongside our expertise and experience. Expertise and experience we put to work every day helping customers find a hot tub or spa, or service, repair, or maintain one.
Hot Tub vs. Spa vs. Jacuzzi®
When we’re talking about a pre-fabricated, heated tub with jets that is most commonly placed outside, we use the terms hot tub and spa interchangeably. Both are defined as a tub or small pool filled with hot aerated water. And while we’re on the subject, Jacuzzi® is a hot tub brand, not another type of hot tub.
Hot Tub Buyer's Guide
We know you have a lot of questions about buying a hot tub, and we’re glad you do! You want to be confident in your investment. This hot tub buyer’s guide offers some initial key considerations to get you started. When you’re ready for the next step, visit one of our locations or send us your questions.
There are three core elements to consider when it comes to hot tub placement:
- Setting: What you can (or can’t) see from your hot tub.
- Foundation: What your hot tub will literally sit on to be supported, stable, and balanced.
- Electrical: Most hot tubs require 240V hardwired to a 60 amp power supply (with nothing else running off of said power supply), but we do offer a few that can just be plugged into a 120V grounded outlet.
Get details on each of these in our guide on Where to Install Your Hot Tub.
It’s time to think about who will be in your hot tub, and how you intend to use it.
Who Will Use Your Hot Tub
Is it just going to be your immediate family? You and your significant other? Or are you planning on inviting extended family members and friends to join you? Knowing this can help narrow down the size. Hot tubs are typically categorized based on the number of seats they have:
- 2-3 seats
- 3-4 seats
- 4-5 seats
- 5-6 seats
- 6-7 seats
- 8-9 seats
The more people you want to have in the hot tub at one time, the more seats you’ll want. Also, the more space you want between people, the more open seating you’ll want. For example, if it’s just you and your spouse, and you don’t mind cozying up to each other, 2-3 seats is probably a good fit. If you’re a family of 4 and you know your 2 kids will want to invite at least a friend each on the regular, you might want to consider 6-7 seats with more space so everyone has room to spread out.
Also, is anyone particularly tall? Or short? Does anyone have any physical disabilities? Do you plan on just sitting? Or sitting and laying? These can all play into finding the right hot tub for you and your prime users.
How Do You Want to Use Your Hot Tub?
Wanting a hot tub to unwind after work? Or relax after a challenging day with the kids? Or for any other reason? We got you and the right hot tub model, too.
Whether the group you’re inviting is large or small, you’ll probably want something with more open seating. Also consider party-ready features, like built-in Bluetooth speakers, lights, waterfalls, and more.
A hot tub or spa can be a great tool for easing aching muscles, sore joints, and/or mental or emotional stress. Let us know where you feel your discomfort, and we can recommend models with the best jet placement to soothe it. Also let us know if you prefer gentle pressure, or something more intense, as jet pressure can vary by brand.
We here at Zagers have been selling hot tubs and spas for a long time, so we know there’s a set of core features that every customer cares about. They are:
- The number of seats
- Size of the hot tub (to properly fit your space)
- The number and layout of the jets
- Available color combinations for the shell and the cabinet
Additional considerations we encourage you to think and ask about:
- Use: Is the control panel user-friendly? Can you operate the jets with ease?
- Maintenance: Know that higher-end models come with much better filtration and water management systems. So ask how good those are. Also, ask how easy it is to access the filter. Is there an app or other technology that offers helpful reminders or alerts?
- Longevity: Take the time to learn and understand how a hot tub is constructed and the importance of material selection. Spending a bit more on a model that is made better tends to mean it’ll last longer, because it can withstand the elements better.
- Energy Consumption: It’s important when choosing a hot tub that you understand how much electricity it uses. You may purchase what you think is an economical spa, but your electric bill will say otherwise. Typically you either pay now in price or later in electricity usage, so you may as well get the hot tub you really want while doing the planet a favor.
There are many additional features available. Our pros know what these are, and can help you hone in on your must-haves to get you a hot tub you’ll be happy with for many years to come.
While there are a lot of should-haves and could-haves when it comes to hot tub and spa ownership, we initially focus on the must-haves:
- Steps: So you and anyone else can get in and out of your hot tub safely and easily.
- Start-Up Chemicals: We recommend the Simple Spa Program and SpaGuard Chlorinating Concentrate, and SpaGuard Enhanced Shock. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use them.
- Cover Lift: Take it from us — the struggle is real when it comes to manually removing a hot tub cover and putting it back on. A cover lift can do the work for you!
The better you take care of your hot tub or spa, the longer it will last. While it does take some work, it’s not that complicated. And because we all like things to be easy like Sunday morning, we’ve created a checklist with six steps for maintaining your hot tub. Follow those six steps and you should have your bases covered.
Hot tub ownership also shouldn’t be overwhelming. If you get into a bind, we also offer hot tub maintenance, service, and repair throughout West Michigan.
Helpful to know: Zagers offers free hot tub water testing. Your water sample is analyzed by a computer, which offers a more in-depth analysis than a test strip. We recommend having us test your hot tub water once a month.
Hot Tub Brands We Carry
While there are many major brands of hot tubs on the market, not all are created equal. We are West Michigan’s authorized Jacuzzi® and Dimension One® dealers, because we’ve found them to be the most reliable hot tubs, and offer the most sought-after features. With over 60 years of pool and hot tub experience, we are educated on many of the other brands and are happy to answer any comparison questions you might have.
Jacuzzi® Hot Tubs exemplify the long-lasting legacy of the original home spa manufacturer. We are proud to be a certified Jacuzzi® Dealer in West Michigan, which ensures you can count on our expertise for selection, installation, maintenance, or water care.
We’re proud to offer Dimension One Spas®, which are among the leading luxury brands of hot tubs and swim spas. They continue to innovate through engineering with hot tubs that offer a host of options, functions, and high class design and performance.
Hot Tub Benefits
The quality, depth, and duration of sleep improves from relaxing in a hot tub.
Reduce Blood Pressure
Warm water increases circulation while decreasing blood pressure.
Detoxifies & Promotes Body Healing
High temperature soaks flush out toxins and accelerates the healing of muscle tissue injuries.
Hydrotherapy releases tension which improves overall wellness, calmness and focus.
Hot tubs allow you to spend quality time with your spouse, family and friends in a relaxing setting.
Water removes pressure from joints. Heat is carried to muscles relieving pain as well as Fibromyalgia & Arthritis symptoms.
Shop Hot Tubs At Your Local Zagers Store
Trusted by many in West Michigan as their go-to hot tub dealer, our experienced staff at any of our local stores are here to help you find the right spa. With four convenient locations in West Michigan, there’s always a hot tub professional near you that’s available to answer all of your questions, help educate you, and provide expert guidance on the hot tub that is right for you and your needs.
Our main headquarters in Jamestown showcases a large selection of spas.
Hot tubs for those along the West Michigan lakeshore.
Our Shaffer Ave location has a solid lineup of spas.
Preview a small selection of spas at our Fuller Ave location.
We Offer Hot Tub Financing
Put your dreams of owning a hot tub within reach.